Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Car Crash

the Tuesday before our wedding Marcus, Baylee and I headed into tooele to get our marriage license and then to get Marcus his ring. On our way out of the court house we pulled behind a Honda Ridgeline at a stoplight. The car was going too slow so marcus went around her. WE went through the next light(it was yellow) and saw in the rear view mirror that she Plowed right through that red light. we got to the next light and we were behind a good size truck waiting for the light to turn when Marcus goes OH CRAP and then BAM she slammed right into us going about 40-50 mph we then slammed into the people in front of us. Airbags deployed, and my feet were on the dash board which sent my knees into my chest. Marcus hit the airbag, and when everything stopped the car was on fire. I kicked the door open and started screaming about Baylee Marcus jumped out and grabbed her, ran her to a witness who had a baby herself while i just stood there and screamed. Im sure I looked ridiculous but I thought my baby was dead. Baylee was fine other than she had glass in her mouth and a bumb on the head. Marcus had airbag bruises and I have a possibly cracked rib and bruises on my arms. It was easily the scariest thing thats ever happened to us and we are lucky and grateful to be alive. The lady apparantly was a diabetic, felt sick and had someone pick her up from work. and then she decided to drive herself to the hospital. She passed out with a blood sugar level of 2.3. That is all we know so far we are waiting for the police report and are currently carless as we sold my car the day before.
This is the backseat which just so happened to curve around the carseat.


3 comments:

  1. oh my heck that is so scary! I can't imagine how scared you were to know that Baylee was in the backseat! I'm so glad that you guys are ok, that's terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you are all OK. When we heard the news we were all so scared, yet thankful that the three of you were watched over and protected throughout that whole ordeal. What a blessing!! Those pictures really show the severity of the accident. Why in the WORLD did she decide to drive herself to the hospital?!!! That to me is crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW! I am SOOOO glad that you guys are ok!!!!! WOW!!!!! I hope that you guys dont have any lasting effects from this! We really miss you guys and hope that you are loving WA!

    ReplyDelete

Followers